Today we discussed a lot about layoffs and how they could be avoided or go more smoothly. I think the forecasting technique is something that every business needs to learn. It can be much easier for large businesses that have been around longer, however. I believe that if it is used properly, the economy can survive having as many ups and downs. Some techniques used for forecasting could be looking into the past, to see if history repeats itself, paying attention to an upcoming downturn in your market, and keeping track of the ages of your employees to see if some of them will be looking at retiring so that you can hire ahead of time for training.
I think offering a gradual retirement is a great opportunity for many elderly workers who may be prepared for some reprieve, but who still need some source of income or even a job to feel needed at. My parents are getting closer to retirement age, and I think they would both love the idea.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment