1. Concept and Brief Description
2. Emotional Hook
3. Key Points to Elicit in Discussion
4. Facilitative Questions
1. Avoiding Human Resource Problems. According to the Chapter, there are a plethora of problems you can run into while hiring, managing, or terminating employment of a person who is at a disadvantage, or not. I would like to discuss ways a manager can attempt to avoid all, or many of these situations.
2. Is it possible to make everyone happy in the work place? No, but you can communicate what is expected before, during and after employment.
3. After reading this chapter I decided that communication is the key to avoiding problems with current employees. They need to be informed of the rules before they ever run into problems. Having meeting, and explaining: If you do "x" thing, you consequence will be "y". I know this isn't a perfect solution, but at least when someone inevitably does have a complaint, they can't claim ignorance. Also, when hiring and/or terminating employment, I think communication is a much more delicate matter. If you explain a termination in any way that they can construe as discrimination, you may have problems later. But, if an employee needs to be laid off or terminated, then make sure there is a documented, legitimate reason for it. The same thing goes for hiring.
4. How can an Human Resource person control everything that is happening in the work place? They can't, but they can be informed, and take action.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment