Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Chapter 7, Training
This chapter talked about Training Employees. This generally falls on the Human Resource Department. I noticed a lot of companies will outsource their training. I have been trained for a company this way as well. I now realize that I don't remember a single thing they taught me at my outsourced training. But, years later I still remember the hands-on training that I got when I actually started the job. I remember how to do those things because they were really in front of me and you learn by doing. I don't think outsourced training is as effective as in-house training. If companies are trying to save money then they are doing it the wrong way. The best way to save money on training new employees is by letting them learn it right there on the job. That's where they really learn it anyway. Anything additional that's outside of what they'll really be doing (other than explaining rules and expectations) is just a waste of time and money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment