Friday, March 5, 2010
Chapter 12 Review
Yesterday in class we discussed a lot about incentive pay. We discussed how CEO's make an exponential amount compared to those at the bottom of the company. Many people in the class thought this margin was fair because of the extra time and effort managers must make. I don't believe it is entirely fair. CEO's make what they do because it is the norm for our society. A more fair approach would be to have those who working more hours get paid overtime, rather than a exorbitant salary. A lot of lower level workers put in extra hours too. I realize that expertise and responsibility are worth making more money over, but not to the extent that our country has elevated it too. I think there could be a lot more balance in incentives for CEO's vs. lower level employees. They do deserve to make more, but not 500 times more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment